don't postpone joy

Monday, April 25, 2005

Blahnik worthy

Last year, I had an actual boyfriend. (not the same one as the sad ex...)He was the best and the worst all rolled up into one package. He dumped me for a very shallow, superficial reason. It set me back a bit. quite a bit. Over the past few months, he has called a couple times....you're the real deal, the whole package, I don't know how I let you go, blahblahblah. He never did anything to follow up, which made things very easy for me to deal with. Actions speak louder than words, you know. Well, imagine my surprise when he showed up at my door the other day. He wanted in. Wanted to tell me he's back, and is gonna prove to me that he really does want me and he was a fool--more blahblahblah. He looked F I N E fine. Fine or not, I'm unclear as to who the fuck he thinks he is. I guess, really I'm wondering who he thinks I am. Does he really think that I'm just gonna drop everything and open the door ?(and my legs, I think he's hoping) Makes me think he thinks that my life is so empty, I'll jump at the chance to have something. The good part was sooo good. Not just sex. Fun. Lots of long talks. walks. the stuff sappy songs are about. This was not some fly by night thing we had. It was serious. and it hurt my feelings when it ended the way that it did. I cried. it wasn't the action itself that was unforgiveable, I have let go of that, it's the thinking behind it. It made me feel horrible. and he hasn't changed. maybe he has. not my problem anymore. My brother always teases me, saying that I don't give those poor bastards a break. but at 37, I don't really think this is the time to settle. I thought I was mad for a minute, but I'm really not. it's empowering to see my own growth. It felt good not to want him anymore. no anger, just matter o' fact. and as much as i'd like to settle down, settling does not settle down make.
I'm sure Cosmo would disagree saying I should wait to see if he really means it...naaaahhh.
I'd rather do it the Carrie Bradshaw way--go out and buy a hot new pair of shoes, and treat myself to a sushi dinner!!
still no purple mascara, though...
damn, I have a good life



9 Comments:

At 25 April, 2005 17:57, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

The scores of people I know who have seetled or are presently settling to be settled & they have been & are completely miserable. Good for you.

Besides, Kenny Rogers has to retire sooner or later, and he'll probably want to settle down.

 
At 25 April, 2005 21:54, Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

You gotta go with the purple mascara...

 
At 26 April, 2005 10:30, Blogger daisyduke said...

I met Kenny Rogers once, the last time he played here. He was trying to buy some crap in Kmart. People were running around buying baseballs so that he could sign them--he did--nice guy. Unfortunately, my hopes to scoop him up after retirement are dim...he's already got a wife and two ankle biters...of course, maybe me in purple mascara and nothing else may just make him forget all of that...

 
At 26 April, 2005 18:05, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

ankle bitters - never heard that one. Cool.

I have a sign in my place: Having kids is like being pecked to death by a duck. I love 'em, but I think that's a good one.

I htink Bruce is right - the purple might be just the hook you need.

 
At 26 April, 2005 20:27, Blogger Unknown said...

purple is one of my favorite colors..and the mascara thang interests me..for a flashy evening sort of activity..oh yeah..good for you..you go girl!!!!!

 
At 27 April, 2005 08:58, Blogger daisyduke said...

what was my forecast???? (watch me be wearing purple mascara next week...)well it is next week, now isn't it!!!???

 
At 27 April, 2005 21:08, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

WEAR IT!!!!

Cluck, cluck, cluck!

 
At 29 April, 2005 08:56, Blogger daisyduke said...

I'll find some this weekend.
Nobody cluck clucks me!!!!

 
At 30 April, 2005 00:30, Blogger Rat In A Cage said...

bach bach bach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home